Learning is at the heart of our work.
We believe that adaptive approaches to programme design and delivery are vital to enable us to shape our work to local contexts and the changing needs of our partners.
Our adaptive approach is underpinned by a commitment to continual learning from our own practice and that of our partners.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation
We design and embed Monitoring & Evaluation frameworks at the point of programme conceptualization. This generates robust evidence and Learning to inform ongoing programme development. Programme approaches and activities are re-visited and re-shaped based on proactive engagement with the data and evidence as it emerges. Our approach is fourfold:
- We try out our programme approach in recognition that adaptation is both desirable and inevitable
- Using evidence generated by Monitoring & Evaluation, we reflect on the results, identifying the salient features of the learning
- We iterate our programme approach
- We adapt individual work patterns and programme approaches, scaling up as necessary
Sharing learning and best practice
The range of our programmes and the large number of countries with which we work allow us to identify important learning on best practice approaches to strengthening research and knowledge systems.
We are committed to facilitating and sharing this learning within INASP, between partners and with the wider sector in order to:
- To improve our programmes’ ability to achieve results
- Support organizational transformation, by enable learning across and within partnerships, for example via Peer-to-Peer Learning approaches.
- Contribute to the development of best practice across the sector in strengthening research and knowledge systems.
Supporting learning of other organizations
As well as supporting the development of a “learning capacity” within INASP and the partners we work with, INASP is able to support other organisations and projects in the growth of these skills.