Andy joined INASP in January 2014. His work is focused on helping researchers develop their research writing and communication skills through online resources, courses, mentoring and peer learning. He currently manages the AuthorAID website and has been instrumental in the development of the AuthorAID online courses in research writing and proposal writing, which have evolved into Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). Andy has also been involved in training journal editors in Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka in digital publishing practices.
He previously worked for an academic publisher in journal e-marketing and library marketing.
Read blog posts by Andy here.
Key skills and expertise:
- Workshop facilitation
- Online learning
- Developing digital technologies
- Scholarly publishing and open access
- Researcher capacity building
- Research communication
- Coaching and mentoring practice
- Listening to the voices of early-career researchers in the Global South so that we can better support them to thrive
- Ten Hot Topics around Scholarly Publishing
- Critical thinking in a post-Beall vacuum – don’t forget developing-country researchers!
- A MOOC approach for training researchers in developing countries
- Open Access Plays a Vital Role in Developing-Country Research Communication
- Global Platforms for Equitable Knowledge Ecosystems (GPEKE) 2020
- Voice of Early Career Researchers Study 2020