INASP is an international development organization working with a global network of partners to improve access, production and use of research information and knowledge in developing countries. We are looking for an Office & HR Manager with expertise in Human Resources, to keep a busy office running efficiently and staff best equipped to perform their roles.
Reporting to the Finance Director
The Office & HR Manager will play a key role in the organization, with responsibility for some of the key organizational systems and infrastructure to enable staff to work productively.
We are looking for someone with experience of running an office environment and HR administration, who can operate independently yet support the team, provide a human face, often the first point of contact for outsiders and staff.
- Provide overall office management and administration in a proactive, efficient and effective manner
- Ensure staff have the appropriate equipment and tools to best perform their roles, including the provision of mobile phones, office furniture, stationery etc
- Be the main contact with the Landlord’s agent in regard to the office premises, fire drills, general maintenance, provision of all utilities etc.
- Ensure all health and safety legislation and procedures are in place and up to date
- Ensure GDPR compliance and act as the data protection leader
- Assist in maintaining our relationships with travel, accommodation and visa agencies and be involved in bookings where necessary and in accordance with our travel policy
- Oversee the general office environment in Oxford, to include the provision of kitchen supplies
- Monitor, maintain and improve office systems, equipment and supplies, and assist with both internal and external IT support, as well as acting as the data protection lead
- Provide direct support to the ED and senior management team where required
- Be responsible for end to end HR implementation
- Manage the recruitment process in liaison with relevant recruiting manager
- Manage and implement the induction process for new staff and contractors
- Work with the internal HR Management Team (HMT) and if necessary, external HR Consultants, to establish internal HR procedures and undertake all the administrative duties to ensure these processes are followed accurately and on time
- Work with and support the HMT as required, including the revision and maintenance of all employment support documentation and policies and ensuring that these are accessible to all staff
- Maintaining both remote and internal working practices that ensures compliance with relevant employment law and health and safety culture within the organization
- Liaise with the Finance Team to ensure all changes to staff terms and conditions are communicated to ensure that payroll and pension changes can be made in a timely manner
- Provide HR support to staff including pastoral care where required
- Undertake all the practical arrangements for meetings of trustees to include the venue, collating and circulating all necessary documentation, taking minutes (if required), booking travel and accommodation, reimbursing expenses
- Ensure all new trustees are correctly appointed and are given a full induction programme
- Ensure you understand roles, responsibilities and lines of accountability and are supported to work within a matrix management model
- Keep track of your funded time, ensuring that you proactively work towards achieving your funded time target
- Work closely with INASP staff and other partners to ensure learning is captured and shared internally and externally
- Ensure the values of respect, integrity, openness and transparency, commitment, participation, and valuing our staff are reflected in your work
- Respect INASP’s commitment to promoting equality and diversity and addressing the needs of both men and women across all of our work
- Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time
The successful candidate will
- Have at least one year's experience in an administrative/ office support role, covering some of the duties above.
- Be tech savvy with experience using all Microsoft Office packages
- Have good communication and written skills
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external contacts
Salary: £25,000 to £34,000 (Pro-rata £20-£27.4k for 28 hours/week) (depending on qualifications and experience)
Term: Permanent – 4 days per week
The post is based at our Oxford office.
A full job description is available on our website: http://www.inasp.info/en/staff/vacancies
Please note: you must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. We cannot sponsor anyone who does not already have this right and in order to be considered for this post you will need to provide proof of your right to work in the UK. If in doubt of your status, see the UK Government’s website for clarification: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
How to apply
Applications should be submitted and should include the following: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- A full CV
- A personal statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the essential and/or desirable criteria in the person specification and what you would bring to the role
- Details of your right to work in the UK: either
- UK/EEA/Swiss citizen (except Croatian nationals who require ARC documentation); or
- details of work permit /visa.
- Where you saw the job advert e.g. (INASP website, Charity Job)
Applications will only be considered if they provide all the above.
The closing date for applications is 2 January 2019* 9am GMT
* Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis until 2 January 2019. Interviews will be conducted throughout the process. we reserve the right to close the process early should a suitable candidate be found
Successful candidates selected for interview will be notified and sent interview details including advance preparation requirement.
INASP is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination at recruitment and during employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applications from people with disabilities, or those with health problems, are welcome and will be given full consideration. Please inform us of any help or special equipment you might need in order to carry out the duties outlined in the job description, attend for interview, or participate in the recruitment process:
Please note we reserve the right to close applications early if a large number of applications are received.
No agencies please – as a charity we work hard to keep our costs down
INASP is a UK registered charity, established in 1992 and funded by a range of government and institutional donors. We have 24 staff based in our Oxford and London offices.
For more details please go to our website: www.inasp.info
As part of your application to work for INASP you will share some personal information with us, like your name, address, telephone number and email address. We will only use that information to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. We will not share it with any third parties without your permission.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held securely for 60 days after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalized statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
If you are subsequently employed by INASP, we will compile a file relating to your employment. The information contained in it will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to your employment. Once your employment with INASP has ended we will retain your file for 6 years in accordance with our retention schedule and then delete it.