Veronika joined INASP in 2015 and is a Programme Specialist for online pedagogy. Her focus is on individual and organizational capacity building, technology-enhanced learning and monitoring & evaluation. Within the AQHEd-SL project, she supports the introduction of student-centred pedagogy to strengthen students’ critical thinking skills.
Veronika has over 25 years' experience in the information and knowledge sector, including the implementation and coordination of international projects, within the research sector as well as for international development and youth development organizations. She holds a doctoral degree in nutritional sciences and family and consumer sciences from the Technical University in Munich (Germany) and a BA degree in language and literature (with specialization in language learning in a multicultural society) from UNISA (South Africa).
Read blog posts by Veronika here.
Having a background in research as well as youth development, it’s brilliant that I can work on technology-enhanced teaching and learning approaches with INASP’s higher education partners in the global South.
Key skills and expertise:
- Project management
- Event management
- Workshop facilitation
- Content development
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)
- Online and blended learning approaches
- Online course and blended learning help students develop critical thinking skills
- Online course builds M&E skills for library networks
- Bringing Learning Closer to the Workplace: An Online Course for Librarians in Developing Countries
- Training supports libraries to monitor use of e-resources
- Knowledge-based Information Systems: A new approach for the representation and retrieval of medical information
- Trends in Food Consumption in a South German Population from 1984/85 to 1989/90: Results from the WHO MONICA Project Augsburg