Clara co-leads INASP’s work on evidence informed policy making. In her role, she designs and implements capacity building interventions to support evidence use and builds strong relationships with partners in the sector. Clara was Director of the VakaYiko Consortium under DFID's Building Capacity to Use Research Evidence (BCURE) programme and has carried out various consultancy assignments on improving organizations' research uptake strategies. Most recently, she has been involved in pilots of the Context Matters Framework with public agencies in Peru and Ghana.
Clara previously worked as an independent consultant on policy influence and evidence informed policy in various regions, including Latin America, Asia and Africa. She also worked with the Research and Policy in Development (RAPID) team at the Overseas Development Institute (ODI), coordinating the Evidence Based Policy in Development Network (EBPDN). Prior to this, she spent more than five years at CIPPEC in Argentina developing the policy influence and evaluation capacities of Latin American think tanks and coordinating the Latin American chapter of EBPDN.
Read blog posts by Clara here.
Key skills and expertise:
- Strategic planning
- Research uptake
- Organisational assessment
- Capacity building
- Multi-country programme management
- Approaches to developing capacity for the use of evidence in policy making
- ROMA, a guide to policy engagement and influence
- A ‘light touch’ review of the evidence-based policy in development network
- Learners, practitioners and teachers: Handbook on monitoring, evaluating and managing knowledge for public policy influence