Journals Online user workshop
As part of the Journals Online (JOL) project, INASP developed a training course to help editors, librarians and publishers to use the JOL system. The three day, participatory workshop includes sessions on uploading and editing journal issues online, and using the software to allow user access for members of the editorial and publishing team.
Depending on the methodology being implemented, participants may be editors who will take responsibility for publishing their own journal, or librarians who will undertake this role on their behalf. Participants need to be familiar with journal publishing and the journals they intend to manage.
The materials below were used in the Vietnam/Nepal workshop and are freely available to download and use.
Download training course materials
- 1 Structure.pdf (.pdf / 62 KB)
- 2 Journal adminstration.pdf (.pdf / 205 KB)
- 3 Submitting new articles.pdf (.pdf / 844 KB)
- 4 Editing submitted articles.pdf (.pdf / 168 KB)
- 5 Publishing an issue.pdf (.pdf / 316 KB)
- 6 Journal setup.pdf (.pdf / 181 KB)
- 7 Good practice JOLS and online publishing.pdf (.pdf / 69 KB)
- 8 HTML codes.pdf (.pdf / 138 KB)
- 9 Troubleshooting.pdf (.pdf / 129 KB)