British Library On Demand
British Library On Demand offers pay-as-you-go and access to articles from over 296,000 international research journals, in fields ranging from aeronautics to agriculture, from pharmacy to law. On Demand also provides free table of contents searching, with the ability to order and pay for items of interest online by credit or debit card. There is no need to subscribe in order to use the service; users just need to register using an email address and password to order articles singly or several at a time. Nearly 20% of the articles available can be downloaded instantly and the service currently supplies around half of orders this way. PERI supports the use of On Demand for online searching and the British Library's Standard Service for document ordering. This service delivers electronic documents via unique download links and paper documents by airmail.
For a list of titles available through British Library On Demand, consult th zetoc journal list, which provides Z39.50-compliant access to the British Library's Electronic Table of Contents (ETOC) data.
Through British Library On Demand you can access around 87.5 million items in the British Library's collection and much more through publisher agreements. Subject strengths include medicine, engineering, science, food and agriculture, economics, environment, law and education.
Material available through the service includes:
- 3 million monographs
- 296,000 international journal titles, with over 13 million articles available to download immediately
- Doctoral theses and dissertations
- 5 million research reports and official publications, with strengths in British, US Federal Agency and international agency publications
- 400,000 conference papers and proceedings
Search across 296,000 journals for free
- See price and delivery estimates up-front, before you order
- Order full texts quickly and easily using your credit or debit card
- Order, receive and read articles on mobile devices
- No need to install additional software to open documents
Find out about British Library On Demand service options and search the collection at www.bl.uk/on-demand.
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to British Library On Demand through the process below:
Access by fixed, external IP address with username and password access for remote users.
Information for Librarians
Users can register for British Library On Demand and update their account information from the online ordering interface. For further information and help, visit www.bl.uk/on-demand.
British Library On Demand
Publisher Newsletter Details
Registered users of British Library On Demand receive a quarterly newsletter.