OUP - E-books Oxford Reference Online
Oxford Reference is the home of OUP's quality reference publishing, bringing together 2 million entries and 16,000 images across two trusted collections. With over 120 core subjects, language and quotations dictionaries, Oxford Quick Reference is for readers who want to check a fact instantly, providing key, vetted information on a concept, person or term. The Oxford Reference Library provides in-depth, specialised content from Oxford's award-winning Encyclopedias and Companions as well as works from OUP's distinguished partners, allowing users to further build their research.
- English dictionaries
- Bilingual dictionaries
- Quotations dictionaries
- Maps and illustrations
- Encyclopedic dictionaries
- Subject dictionaries
- Wide range of search options
- Quick reference coverage of full subject areas
- Expanded coverage
- Reference linking
- Keywords and abstracts
- Includes the work of internationally renowned authors, editors, and contributors
- Updated regularly with new and revised articles
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to OUP - E-books Oxford Reference Online through the process below:
- Burkina Faso,
- Cape Verde,
- Congo (The Democratic Republic of the),
- Marshall Islands,
- Papua New Guinea,
- Sierra Leone,
- Solomon Islands,
- South Sudan,
- Tanzania (United Republic of),
Registration and Access
Registration for OUP - E-books Oxford Reference Online
Each developing country institution eligible for access is required to register to use Oxford University Press. If you have not used this resource before you may need to check if your institution is registered and identify the contact person who has your access details. To do this, please go to the subscribed resources registration and select your country and institution.
Access by fixed, external IP address with username and password access for remote users.
Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street
Oxford OX2 6DP
Fax: +44 (0) 1865 353308
Information for Librarians
Subscribers can also request promotional material free of charge by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publisher Newsletter Details
- Dictionary of National Biography: Sign up for the free Life of the Day email or subscribe to the DNB podcast.
- Oxford Scholarship Online: For recent news and updates vist 'what's new'.
- Oxford Reference Online: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
- Oxford English Dictionary: OED News is available online.
- Grove Music: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new' and the listserv.
- American National Biography: Sign-up for ANB news by email.
- Grove Art: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
Usage Data Collection
Information is available from the subscriber services page