OUP - E-books Grove Music Online
Grove Music Online is the leading resource for music research, a comprehensive compendium of scholarship drawing from the full texts of The new Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians (2 ed.), The New Grove Dictionary of Opera, and The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz (2 ed.), and also includes new and updated articles and bibliographies exclusively available online. Featuring over 50,000 articles from Bach to Beyonce, Grove Music Online is the go-to resource for students and scholars alike.
- Explore over 30,000 biographies from Mozart to Yo-Yo Ma, Diaghilev to P.T. Barnum, Fats Waller to Thin Man
- Discover world cultures through articles on Africa, Asia, South America, Jewish music, and much more
- Learn about styles and movements from classical to hip-hop and from baroque to blues
- Scholarship written by over 6,000 international contributors
- Over 500 Sibelius-enabled audio musical examples
- Includes The Dictionary of Music, plus The Oxford Companion to Western Music and The Oxford Dictionary of Music at no extra charge
- Direct links to other related web sites
- A wide range of search and browse options to explore the full text, bibliographies, works lists, biographies, and contributors
- Study the development and construction of instruments
- Search Grove's acclaimed works lists to find little-known or favourite compositions
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to OUP - E-books Grove Music Online through the process below:
- Burkina Faso,
- Cape Verde,
- Congo (The Democratic Republic of the),
- Marshall Islands,
- Papua New Guinea,
- Sierra Leone,
- Solomon Islands,
- South Sudan,
- Tanzania (United Republic of),
Registration and Access
Registration for OUP - E-books Grove Music Online
Each developing country institution eligible for access is required to register to use Oxford University Press. If you have not used this resource before you may need to check if your institution is registered and identify the contact person who has your access details. To do this, please go to the subscribed resources registration and select your country and institution.
Access by fixed, external IP address with username and password access for remote users.
Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street
Oxford OX2 6DP
Fax: +44 (0) 1865 353308
Information for Librarians
Publisher Newsletter Details
- Dictionary of National Biography: Sign up for the free Life of the Day email or subscribe to the DNB podcast.
- Oxford Scholarship Online: For recent news and updates vist 'what's new'.
- Oxford Reference Online: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
- Oxford English Dictionary: OED News is available online.
- Grove Music: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new' and the listserv.
- American National Biography: Sign-up for ANB news by email.
- Grove Art: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
Usage Data Collection
Information is available from the subscriber's services page.