OUP - E-books Grove Art Online
Grove Art Online is the foremost scholarly art encyclopedia, covering both Western and non-Western art. First published as the landmark 34-volume Dictionary of Art, edited by Jane Turner, the content of Grove Art Online encompasses all aspects of visual culture. It features articles about topics as varied as Fauvism and Frida Kahlo, bibliographies for further research and thousands of searchable images made available through OUP's partnerships with museums, galleries and other arts organisations.
Over 45,000 articles on fine arts, decorative arts, and architecture
- Scholarship written by over 6,000 international contributors
- Includes the 34-volume The Dictionary of Art
- Over 5,000 searchable art images, with links to hundreds of museums and galleries around the world
- A wide range of search and browse options to explore the full text, bibliographies, biographies, and image links
- Explore over 21,000 biographies everything from artists, architects, photographers and designers to patrons, dealers, theorists and writers
- Discover world cultures through articles on China, South America, Africa, and much more
- Learn about styles, movements, and techniques from Baroque to Cubism to glass conservation
- Broaden your investigation using an award-winning online resource
- Includes The Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, and The Oxford Companion to Western Art at no extra charge
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to OUP - E-books Grove Art Online through the process below:
- Burkina Faso,
- Cape Verde,
- Congo (The Democratic Republic of the),
- Papua New Guinea,
- Sierra Leone,
- Solomon Islands,
- South Sudan,
Registration and Access
Registration for OUP - E-books Grove Art Online
Each developing country institution eligible for access is required to register to use Oxford University Press. If you have not used this resource before you may need to check if your institution is registered and identify the contact person who has your access details. To do this, please go to the subscribed resources registration and select your country and institution.
Access by fixed, external IP address with username and password access for remote users.
Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street
Oxford OX2 6DP
Fax: +44 (0) 1865 353308
Information for Librarians
Publisher Newsletter Details
- Dictionary of National Biography: Sign up for the free Life of the Day email or subscribe to the DNB podcast.
- Oxford Scholarship Online: For recent news and updates vist 'what's new'.
- Oxford Reference Online: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
- Oxford English Dictionary: OED News is available online.
- Grove Music: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new' and the listserv.
- American National Biography: Sign-up for ANB news by email.
- Grove Art: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
Usage Data Collection
Information is available from the subscriber services page.