OUP - Oxford Journals
OUP offers access to over 285 prestigious and authoritative journals published in collaboration with some of the world’s most influential and scholarly professional societies. The 2015 Oxford Journals Collection includes cited journals in the fields of Medicine, Life Sciences, Humanities, Law, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences.
- Biological Sciences
- Public Health and Epidemiology
- Social Sciences
- Economics, Business, and Finance
- Mathematics, Statistics, Computing and Physics
- Website is easy to navigate and features training and support materials for librarians as well as all latest news from Oxford Journals.
- Access to electronic backfiles from 1996 onwards for all the journals listed in the developing countries offer.
- Simple online registration and administration.
- Access control options allow users to access content on site via IP address or remotely via Athens.
- Downloadable usage statistics for librarians (COUNTER-compliant) reveal how content is being used.
- Preservation arrangements with CLOCKSS, LOCKSS and PORTICO ensure content is available for the long term.
- Choose integrated searching via search engines such as PubMed and Google Scholar.
- Browse by subject to find content easily.
- Supplementary material such as video and audio clips, images, and graphics are available for many articles.
- CiteTrack alerts users when chosen articles are cited and also when new content is available on chosen topic(s) and/or by chosen author(s).
- Email a friend option allows you to share your search results.
- Links to similar articles helps guide research.
- Download references using EndNote, ProCite BibTeX and RefWorks.
- Request permissions to reproduce Oxford Journals content quickly via RightslinkÂ®.
Training guides are available on the Oxford Journals website.
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to OUP - Oxford Journals through the process below:
- Burkina Faso,
- Cape Verde,
- Congo (The Democratic Republic of the),
- Papua New Guinea,
- Sierra Leone,
- Solomon Islands,
Registration and Access
Registration for OUP - Oxford Journals
Each developing country institution eligible for access is required to register to use Oxford University Press. If you have not used this resource before you may need to check if your institution is registered and identify the contact person who has your access details. To do this, please go to the subscribed resources registration and select your country and institution.
Access by fixed, external IP address with username and password access for remote users.
A full list of contact details is available on the publisher's website.
The Librarian Resource Center will provide you with resources, tools, and ideas to help you make the most of your Oxford online resources.
Information for Librarians
Details are available on the OUP website.
OUP can provide promotional material for display in your library to assist you in promoting Oxford Journals online collection to library users. Download a promotional poster (PDF 3.83MB) or visit the promotional support page for further information.
Publisher Newsletter Details
- Oxford Journals: Visit the Oxford Journals News pages
- Dictionary of National Biography: Sign up for the free Life of the Day email or subscribe to the DNB podcast.
- Oxford Scholariship Online: For recent news and updates vist 'what's new'.
- Oxford Reference Online: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
- Oxford English Dictionary: OED News is available online.
- Grove Music: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new' and the listserv.
- American National Biography: Sign-up for ANB news by email.
- Grove Art: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
Usage Data Collection
Usage statistics are available for consortia and individual administrators