OUP - E-books Dictionary of National Biography
The Oxford Dictionary of National Biography is the national record of men and women who have shaped British history and culture, worldwide, from the Romans to the 21st century. The Dictionary offers almost 60,000 concise, up-to-date biographies written by named, specialist authors, as well as over 500 themed articles. Overseen by academic editors at Oxford University, it is an invaluable resource for students, teachers, researchers and academics.
- The complete text of the new 60-volume Oxford DNB: 60,000 lives in 65 million words, with 10,500 portrait illustrations.
- Also includes the complete text of the 33-volume original Oxford DNB and all its supplements.
- The Themes section includes reference lists (e.g. kings and queens, prime ministers, Nobel Prize winners); reference groups (e.g. movements, clubs, and factions); feature essays (e.g. British entrepreneurs and brand names).
- Three annual updates add new biographies - including people active in the 21st century - along with quick reference guides.
Take a tour of the DNB Online.
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to OUP - E-books Dictionary of National Biography through the process below:
- Burkina Faso,
- Cape Verde,
- Congo (The Democratic Republic of the),
- Marshall Islands,
- Papua New Guinea,
- Sierra Leone,
- Solomon Islands,
- South Sudan,
- Tanzania (United Republic of),
Registration and Access
Registration for OUP - E-books Dictionary of National Biography
Each developing country institution eligible for access is required to register to use Oxford University Press. If you have not used this resource before you may need to check if your institution is registered and identify the contact person who has your access details. To do this, please go to the subscribed resources registration and select your country and institution.
Access by fixed, external IP address with username and password access for remote users.
Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street
Oxford OX2 6DP
Fax: +44 (0) 1865 353308
Information for Librarians
Oxford University Press
- Promote your subscription
- View downloadable pdfs
- Subscribers can request promotional material free of charge by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publisher Newsletter Details
- Dictionary of National Biography: Sign up for the free Life of the Day email or subscribe to the DNB podcast.
- Oxford Scholarship Online: For recent news and updates vist 'what's new'.
- Oxford Reference Online: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
- Oxford English Dictionary: OED News is available online.
- Grove Music: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new' and the listserv.
- American National Biography: Sign-up for ANB news by email.
- Grove Art: For recent news and updates visit 'what's new'.
Usage Data Collection
Information is available from the subscriber services page.