IOP publishes more than 70 of the world's most prestigious journals in physics and related sciences, all available online through IOP science.
IOPscience embraces innovative technologies to make it easier for researchers to access scientific, technical and medical content. IOPscience allows you to:
- Enhance your research: find relevant content quickly with improved search filtering
- Save time: re-run previous searches, tagging your favorite articles
- Keep up to date: receive RSS feeds and email alerts when new content is published
- Interact and share: embrace social bookmarking to share articles
- Discover related research: explore relevant articles based on subject classification codes
- Make it personal: customise your alerts, save articles of interest, and view newly published articles within your subject areas
IOP journals have achieved outstanding results from ISI, showing that they really are leading journals in their fields. For further information, download the Impact Factor information sheet:
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to IOPscience through the process below:
Registration and Access
Registration for IOPscience
Each developing country institution eligible for access is required to register to use IOP Publishing. If you have not used this resource before you may need to check if your institution is registered and identify the contact person who has your access details. To do this, please go to the subscribed resources registration and select your country and institution.
Access by fixed, external IP address with username and password access for remote users.
Information for Librarians
Note: you will need to contact IOP to add/change IP addresses.
Download support materials or for printed materials, email email@example.com with your name, address and quantity that you require.
Publisher Newsletter Details
Library Inside: http://iop.msgfocus.com/q/16vp3pA6RZS/wv) is a quarterly newsletter designed to keep librarians up to date on all the latest news and developments from IOP Publishing and the industry. To subscribe please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to view the September 2014 issue.
Usage Data Collection
You can view your institution's COUNTER statistics by logging onto the IOP counter page and using your existing COUNTER login and password to access the new interface. If you require a login, or have forgotten your login or password, contact: email@example.com.