This collection provides access to three EBSCOhost databases produced by NISC, a publisher of premier African scholarly research:
● Africa-Wide Information
● Fish, Fisheries & Aquatic Biodiversity Worldwide
● Water & Oceans Worldwide
This superior index combines databases from around the world to form a multidisciplinary aggregation offering unique and extensive coverage of all facets of Africa and African studies. This includes content from South African Studies, African Studies, and African HealthLine, which focuses on all aspects of health relating to Africa and other developing nations.
Fish, Fisheries & Aquatic Biodiversity Worldwide
This collection combines databases on all facets of ichthyology, fisheries, aquaculture, and aquatic & marine biology. Included in this remarkable resource are records from the now ceased database Aquatic Biology, Aquaculture, & Fisheries Resources (ABAFR), plus twelve of the world's major fish and fisheries databases.
Water & Oceans Worldwide
With excellent world coverage, this database includes research ranging from coastal and offshore engineering to pollution and water treatment. This index combines several databases covering all facets of international water research, including more than two million citations and abstracts dating back to the 1970s. This is an essential resource for those dealing with all aspects of water and water-related subjects.
● Links available to all subscribed and free full-text
● Powerful user-friendly search engine with quick, advanced and expert search available
● Searches plurals, international variants and compound words
● Searches databases simultaneously
● Duplicate Detection Software prevents duplicate records being retrieved
● Output features available such as e-mail, save, export and print
● Search history and search details available during searching
● Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources (COUNTER) statistics
● Dedicated team available for customer service and support
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to EBSCO: NISC through the process below:
The following Institutions are eligible for EBSCO: NISC
Registration and Access
Registration for EBSCO: NISC
Each developing country institution eligible for access is required to register to use EBSCO. If you have not used this resource before you may need to check if your institution is registered and identify the contact person who has your access details. To do this, please go to the subscribed resources registration* and select your country and institution.
* Religion and Theology Collection: When your institution has paid its subscription through the Kenya Library and Information Services Consortium (KLISC), EBSCO will set up your access and no further registration is necessary. Please contact your Registration Coordinator for more information.
Access by fixed, external IP address only.
Information for Librarians
For more information, including promotional packs and registration details, go to the Librarians information page.
Publisher Newsletter Details
http://www.ebsco.com/news-center/newsletters to receive news on products, marketing resources, conferences and events.
Usage Data Collection
Further information is available via the EBSCO support page.