Edinburgh University Press Developing Countries Initiative (external resource - not available directly through INASP)
Edinburgh University Press publishes over 35 journals across a range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
- Literary Studies
- Historical Studies
- Film & Media Studies
- Islamic & Middle Eastern Studies
- Scottish Studies
- Full text of high-quality, scholarly journal articles available as PDF Plus files, with citation links to external abstracting and indexing databases
- Tables of contents and abstracts of all articles can be viewed for free
- The advanced search function of the site allows easy access to specific content and you can save your search for future use
- Register to receive alerts when new content in your field of interest is uploaded to the site, and to view sample issues and featured articles for free
- Track article citations, download bibliographic information and access exclusive supplementary material that is only available online.
- Unlimited access through IP authentication, Shibboleth and Trusted Proxy
- Access to all articles published since 2000
- COUNTER-compliant usage statistics
Britain and the World has an impact factor of 0.231
Scottish Historical Review has an impact factor of 0.150
Archives of Natural History has an impact factor of 0.111
Psychoanalysis and History has an impact factor of 0.048
a cited half-life of >10, the highest score given in this category
Institutions in the following countries can register for access to Edinburgh University Press Developing Countries Initiative (external resource - not available directly through INASP) through the process below:
Registration and Access
Registration for Edinburgh University Press Developing Countries Initiative (external resource - not available directly through INASP)
Access is provided by automatic IP recognition removing the requirement for registration or login information.
Access by fixed, external IP address with username and password access for remote users.
Developing Country Initiatives
Edinburgh University Press journals are available free of charge, in electronic format, to countries classified as ‘low income’ in the World Bank Country Classification. Please see the list of eligible countries at EUP Developing Countries Intiative. You do not need to sign up for this service as our website detects the country you are connecting from and grants free online access automatically via EUP Journals Online.
Information for Librarians
You will be able to amend your organisation's profile, update IP ranges and view usage statistics when your subscription has been activated and you are logged in as an account administrator.
News and announcements are available at the EUP homepage or at individual journal homepages.
Usage Data Collection
COUNTER Compliant usage statistics are available to institutional librarians via the ‘My Account' section of the website.